[MPlayer-users] cannot play with -vo xv

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Tue Jan 29 09:37:02 CET 2002

Hello, rpolach at atlas.cz!

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 18:32:18 +0100 you wrote:

> Sorry, this is a bit offtopic:
> I have tried play with -vo xv and got problems.. so I have read docs and
> have try xvinfo. It says "no adapter present".
> But I have ATI Rage 128 AGP that HAS XV SUPPORT in X!
> There are also messages that Xv loads in X logs.
> Can anyone help me? What is the problem?
> (I know: this is NOT mplayer problem, so sorry again)
> (X 4.1.0, kernel 2.4.8, MTRR enabled, Mandrake 8.1)
> Thanx a lot for help

Try upgrade your X11 upto 4.2.0 - there were implemented a lots of improvements for ATI cards.
If it will not help you - try use gatos http://gatos.sf.net
If it will not help you write to main gatos developer and mantainer - Vladimir Dergachev
If X11 works for you somehow then use mplayer's vidix instead - it's faster anyway.