[MPlayer-users] Re: Encoding multiple files with 2 pass.

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Tue Jan 29 01:31:02 CET 2002

Little Lewis <biga at lamer.hu> wrote:

> How would you do this with pipes? ($SUBJECT)
> I read the example: "cat *.mpg | mencoder <options> -"
> but this is single pass, and always generates test.avi.
> The output filename shuld be the original name with .avi extension.
> How can I achieve this?
> Is it possible?

for in in *.mpg
do
mencoder <options> -o "$in.avi" "$in"
done

(feel free to remove the ".mpg" in $in with sed or some other tool)

You only need the cat solution, if the mpeg-stream is split into more
than one file, linke VOBs on DVDs.

S!

--
75 Things you don't want to hear from your Sys Admin.
61. where did you say those backup tapes were kept?