[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-0.60 and css support

Manuel Clos llanero at jazzfree.com
Tue Jan 29 00:36:02 CET 2002

Arpi wrote:

> hey.
> either you or we are silly.
> why do you need raw DVD support to playback an .mpg file????????
> dvdread is for .ifo parsing and navigatin in raw dvd sectors.
> we really don't understand how is it related to .mpg file playback.

I download the .mpg file from internet. It maybe is in SVCD format. The
only way to play it on windows is using windvd.

When I first tried with mplayer it didn't worked (bad image and sound).
I tried installing libdvdread + libdvdcss because of cd-dvd.html,
then I tried installing libcss, I have also tried divx4, but I have
still no luck.

When using gmplayer it says it is a .VOB file and that mplayer needs to
be compiled with libcss support. I tried that, but it seems that mplayer
does not link againts libcss (as ldd reports).

What useful information can I give?

mplayer output?

a cutted version of the file?

Thanks.

--
Manuel Clos
llanero at jazzfree.com

* Si no puedes hacerlo bien, hazlo bonito (Bill Gates)
* If you can't do it well, do it nice (Bill Gates)