[MPlayer-users] NVidia will be bannished

Jan Sacharuk jan at chloris.ca
Mon Jan 28 21:37:02 CET 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 08:22:54PM +0000, Stephen Davies wrote:
@>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
@>
@>
@>On 27 Jan 2002, Aciel wrote:
@>
@>> The eventual goal of the combined open-source community, in my view, is
@>> to make Linux a viable solution for the simpleton--people who aren't
@>> good with computers but don't want to pay for Windows.
@>
@>Well - that's not my goal.  And I guess I'm one teeny bit of the
@>community.

Is your goal to explicitly write extrordinarily hard to use software?
Good software...well designed software, is easy to use just because
it's well written. mplayer is simple...you open it, you open a
file. It's easy to use because it's well done. More software like
that, and we'll have simpleton-safe software almost by accident.

JS

--
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity