[MPlayer-users] vidix for NVidia Vanta 6.2

Brian J. Murrell a367af3ee7fa84b1606b341795ad5552 at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 28 11:05:02 CET 2002

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 12:21:31PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> As for me - I don't believe that nvidia_vid will be finished :(
> NVidia hides any docs from 3rd developers and produces closed source drivers.
> Alex had reserved authors field in vidix structs - I guess he's done it specially
> for NVidia Inc. and waits until NVidia will write such driver ;)
> Indeed such driver can be finished only if Alex or someone other has proprietary
> closed documentation on NVidia chips that's hardly :(
> Simpy because it conflicts with NVidia politics.

And nobody seems to understand why I keep "poo-poo"ing on NVidia
hardware here.  Despite NVidia's "heavy involvment" in producing Linux
drivers, their closed source policies still impairs their use on
Linux.  Until they opensource or fully publish the specs to their
hardware, no thanks.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell