[MPlayer-users] Problems when watching DVD with dxr3/h+ and widescreen tv.

Vesa Varimo vesa.varimo at welho.com
Sat Jan 19 19:05:02 CET 2002

Hi!

When I try to watch dvd with 16:9 aspect ration on tv using dxr3/h+ I
can't get picture on fullscreen.
It always shows black stripes approximately 10-15 cm high above and
below picture.
If I use 4:3 aspect ration movie will play on fullscreen, but of course
it's not looking very nice with widescreen tv.

I start mplayer with following command:

"mplayer -aspect 16:9 -v -sid 3 -vc mpegpes -vo dxr3 -ao
oss:/dev/em8300_ma -chapter 1 -dvd 4 /dev/dvd".

Mplayer is great to play dvds, much better than xine.

Thank you for your help,

-Vesa-