[MPlayer-users] fullscreen problems

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Jan 19 16:13:02 CET 2002

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 00:05:07 +0100 (MET)
mriester at gmx.de wrote:

> sorry, i read the docs *really* good

You didnt, read bugreports.html.

> and i cant switch from 1024*768 x11
> resolution to 800*600 (or 640*480) for tv out on my savage s3 (btw: what means
> "INFO: Video out driver init OK!"??? are there drivers, so that i dont need
> the s3switch tool?) there is a -x- -y screenw/h, -zoom, -vm that only work with
> output which supports this-huh?. i tried every combination, but nothing
> works really good. with dga, i get 800*600, but movie is not scaled to
> screensize, so that there is a black frame  (and if i exit mplayer with dga, the
> screenresolution is not set back to 1024*768). and it dont work with tvout (looks
> very strange). i dont want to restart x in 800*600 :-(

Now i'm sure you either didnt read the documentation or didnt
understand it (if it's the second, please help to improve it).

Mplayer doesnt switch screen resolutions until you
tell it to do so, using the -vm switch, but this is only supported
by -vo x11, -vo dga (if you have dga2) and -vo sdl.
-screenw and -screenh are used to tell mplayer the screen resolution
(eg if you are running -vo mga on console w/o an X server running
and want it full screen)
-x and -y are used to scale the image.

		Attila Kinali
--