[MPlayer-users] Wrong language is chosen, -slang and -alang broken?

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Sat Jan 19 01:16:01 CET 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, [iso-8859-1] André Dahlqvist wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I'm having problem with the -alang and -slang options on my The Green
> Mile DVD. When I pass "-alang en -slang sv" along to mplayer it plays
> the audio in german and there are no subtitles. It works if I specify
> the exact audio stream and subtitle with "-sid 6 -aid 128". I'm pretty
> sure this used to work before for me.
>
> I have attached the -v output of playing this DVD with both "-alang en
> -slang sv" and "-sid 6 -aid 128" with this e-amail.

 Same here. -alang and -slang used to work ok, but the last week (or more)
doesn't work as expected. -alang en will say in the mplayer output that
the language selected is indeed the correct and -slang will report the
correct -sid value, BUT audio is played in some random language and no
subtitles are on screen.
 If I say -aid 128 -sid 7 then everything works fine.