[MPlayer-users] -subcp for nonunicode fonts?

Adam Tla/lka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Fri Jan 18 14:27:02 CET 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 03:03:16PM +0100, rpolach at atlas.cz wrote:
> I have downloaded a ISO8859-2 from http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/mp-arial-iso-8859-2.zip
> and I want to display subtitles encoded in Win1250..
> There is encoding=iso-8859-2 entry in runme script at my font dir
> but it seems to have not correct characters displayed using -subcp cp1250.
> I have heard it can be solved by using unicode fonts, but
> it is possible to solve this problem using ISO8859-2 fonts?
> Or can you provide something like mp-arial-win-1250.zip or mp-arial-unicode.zip?
Hmm, rather not : -subcp and -utf8 options both relay on a unicode
subtitle font presence. I must redesign recoding schema to obtain possibility
of using these options with non-unicode subtitle fonts.
But generally speaking it could be done ;-) .... give me some time.

Regards

--
 . .  Adam Tla/lka      mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
  )   System  & Network Administration Group           ~~~~~~
     PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl