[MPlayer-users] Mencoder : no scaling in vert axis is possible

Christophe Voisin christophe.voisin at lpmc.ens.fr
Fri Jan 18 10:54:02 CET 2002

Hello

I ve tried to encode (MEncoder from the MPlayer 0.60 version) a film from a
dvd which original format was 720*576.
In order to reduce the size of the file  i
wanted to decrease the size of the image. It works well for the x axis but
impossible to change the y one.
I get the message saying something is wrong with mpeg12 (bad file ? ...).
As a result the image is pure green.
I tried all the - sws values; no effect.
I ve search the mailing list and it seems this problem already appeared  many
times, but i ve found no answer to the question.
 Are there any news ?
Do you need more detailed infos about my configuration.
Thanks in advance

Christophe