[MPlayer-users] Re: about codecs.conf

Hala'szi Ga'bor kukocs at programozo.hu
Sun Jan 13 13:05:02 CET 2002

Jan 12-án, 20:36-kor MPlayer-users digest, Vol 1 #422 - 17 msgs témájú...:

:> I didn't understand this codecs.conf-stuff at all, the codecs.conf file
:> belongs to the codecs installed in /usr/..., isn't it????
:
:No, codecs.conf belongs to mplayer. mplayer has some build in
:codecs (mpeg and the whole libavcodec family). codecs.conf changes
:quite often while w32codec*.(zip|bz2) does not (see cvs log).
:If you upgrade mplayer you also have to upgrade codecs.conf as
:also the format of it can change. eg mplayer 0.50 segfaults
:with the codecs.conf of 0.60, though both work fine with the
:same windows dlls (either of 0.50 or 060)

All right, I missunderstand the docs, there is: at the install it copies
the codecs.conf file, and i thought to my home dir...
Thanks,

	Kukocs