[MPlayer-users] Vobsub

Mikael Svenson mikaels at powertech.no
Sat Jan 12 14:42:02 CET 2002

I see that vobsub has been added (at least some code for it :) , but
when I try to use it no subs are loaded. Or is it only working when
playing mpeg's, and not avi's?

I played with this command:

mplayer -v -vobsub movie -vo sdl movie.avi

And I have movie.idx/sub/vob/avi all in the same place.

I can see that the file is detected:

Playing movie.avi
vobsub: ignoring size: 720x480
vobsub: ignoring org: 0, 40
vobsub: ignoring scale: 100%
vobsub: ignoring alpha: 100%
vobsub: ignoring smooth: OFF
vobsub: ignoring fadein/out: 50, 50
vobsub: ignoring align: OFF at LEFT TOP
vobsub: ignoring time offset: 0
vobsub: ignoring custom colors: OFF, tridx: 0000, colors: 12e0c0,
ffffff, 4a0254, 000
vobsub: ignoring langidx: 4
[vobsub] subtitle (vobsubid): 4 language en

SUB: Detected sub file: movie.sub
SUB: Could not determine file format

And the "normal" sub code kicks in and can't determine the format ofcourse.

So, is the vobsub code supposed to work, or does it have some work left
to do?

Regards,
Mikael