[MPlayer-users] bugreport(?): mencoder segfaults (FAQ)

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Sat Jan 12 02:04:02 CET 2002

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 01:23:59AM +0100, Gabucino wrote:
> It's the Question that drives us, Jonas Jermann :
> > I use the latest binutils version of Debian sid
> > (2.11.92.0.12.3-5)
> > btw, I've had the error for a long time....
				  ^^^^

> Well then.. Recompile glibc with debug ;)

I don't understand all those things...
I installed the debian-packages of libc6 and added libc6-dbg,
then set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the libc6-dbg and rerun gdb.
(I wrote this in the first mail.)
Sorry for asking such a __basic_ question: Is glibc libc6 for
me?

And is recompiling a library I have already as a binary the only
way to test this?
I fear, that I will mess-up my debian-System if I try to compile
glibc for myself...

You have to understand that I probably won't get your point as
fast as a more advanced user... In short: What exactly should I
try I didn't do already?

Thx

Jonas