[MPlayer-users] mencoder segfaults (FAQ)

pl p_l at tfz.net
Thu Jan 10 18:24:01 CET 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 04:56:17PM +0100, Jonas Jermann wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 04:45:50PM +0100, pl wrote:
> > Read DOC/bugreports.html it's explained.

> I forgot to send the files, they should be here now.
> What else (information) do you need?

The files were needed but were not there yet when I read the 1st mail
(or your 2nd :)

After watching quickly, it looks the gdb log is unusable as it does not
have symbols:
0x40009533 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x40009533 in ?? ()
#1  0x400036d8 in ?? ()
#2  0x4000d119 in ?? ()
#3  0x400024ba in ?? ()
#4  0x4000242b in ?? ()
(gdb) disass $eip-32 $eip+32

--enable-debug when running configure should add symbols for gdb.

Btw, it's in DOC/bugreports.html 5.b.

And it's not related to linking with old binutils as in the FAQ (end of
5.1) since you succeed in having a mencoder binary.

--
Best regards,
  pl