[MPlayer-users] Re: 2 questions about 2-Pass DivX encoding with mencoder

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Wed Jan 9 22:37:01 CET 2002

"Tim U." <mplayer at tetro.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 02:19:16PM +0100, Sven Hartge wrote:

>> Ok, I am feeling dumb now:

>> I tried to encode an 29.76 DVD (Slayers Next), used -ofps 23.976 and got
>> those dreaded "duplicate 1 frame(s)" messages. After _not_ using -ofps
>> 23.976 the messages did not occur.

>> So, this DVD is _not_ inverse telecined and contains 29.976 fps of
>> *real* frames?

> Telecine is performed only when the source is 24 FPS film.  If I'm
> not mistaken, Slayers is Japanese Anime.  I don't know what they use
> in Anime, but I bet it is not 24 FPS film.

Right, this is Anime.

Seems, they originally animated the series for 29.976 fps (or to be more
precise 15fps).

This also explains some very strange image distortions I got while
encoding the DVDs with transcode.

Have a look at http://kamf.ath.cx/transcode/videoprob1.png
               http://kamf.ath.cx/transcode/videoprob2.png

S!

--
75 Things you don't want to hear from your Sys Admin.
43. What do you mean you needed that directory?