[MPlayer-users] 2 questions about 2-Pass DivX encoding with mencoder

Troy D. Strum tstrum at salter.com
Tue Jan 8 16:35:01 CET 2002

Hi folks...

(I'm using the 0.60 release)

When I encode a video using the two pass method I know I can safely delete
the AVI file from the first pass. Knowing this, can you just send that first
file into /dev/null or something? ...or would this have little positive
impact?

Secondly, I caught some mentions of NTSC DVDs having issues. I ripped The
Prisioner box set (4 titles in total) with no problems (NTSC, 29.97fps)...
am I just lucky or is there something else I should be on the lookout for?
(I noted some brief discussion on -ofps but would like some more info)

Thanks in advance.

- Troy