[MPlayer-users] files created with vcr 1.09 corrupted?

domi dombal at freemail.hu
Tue Jan 8 14:32:02 CET 2002

> Any file i capture with VCR 1.09 is not playable in Windows nor with
> Mplayer. Only aviplay *sometimes* plays the file. Also mjpeg compression

I also capture tv with vcr 1.09 (from debian sid), but mplayer plays them
easily. I usually capture audio in 64kbit mono mp3 and divx low motion  or
divx4 video, both work fine. Another tool i sometimes use is avicap from
avifile-samples  debian package, it can encode only the video stream, the
audio goes to  pcm. But you are able to watch the source while capturing,
which is a nice feature, and the audio stream can later be encoded with
transcode or mencoder for example. (strangely, when i recode an avicap
captured file with mencoder, the resulted avi is played at
double speed, audio and video as well. I can only recode them with
transcode to get correct results)

Btw., it would be nice, if mplayer could get tv channel information for
example from an .xawtv configfile, or if it would have it's own. And maybe
a direct switching possibility between channels, by entering their number
on numpad (xawtv/kwintv-like).

domi