[MPlayer-users] mplayer -dumpstream and subtitles

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jan 8 11:50:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> Is it possible to dump the subtitles together with the videostream
> to a file? I thought on
no

> 	mplayer -alang en -slang de -vo null -dumpstream -nogui -dvd 1
> but this gives me no subtitles and also the language cannot be selected
> at all with dumpstream, not with -alang neither -aid

dumpstream dumps the stream, without demultiplexing.
it's usefull for dvd ripping to hdd, from network etc...
(and for debugging, of course)

for your needs, i suggest -dumpaudio -dumpsub etc options
but it's not yet possible to multiplex selected substreams to file

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu