[MPlayer-users] Re: [Dxr3-devel] DXR3 Troubles with 0.60

Erik W Hanson airyq at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 18:50:02 CET 2002

Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:43:39 -0600 - Charles K. Lee II
> Everything looks good, however when I run 'mplayer -gui -vo dxr3 -ao dxr3' I
> get the following error message when actually trying to play a video:
> Detected video codec: [mpeg12] drv:1 prio:0 (MPEG 1 or 2)
> VO: [dxr3] You have disabled libmp1e support, you won't be able to play this
> format!
> Sorry, selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.

You need to specify -vc mpegpes when playing mpeg streams to dxr3. Other
formats will need to be re-encoded in realtime to mpeg (via mp1e) since
dxr3 is only capable of mpeg playback.

> I get the same error message regardless of what codec the file is in (ASF,
> AVI, MPG, etc).  I'm at a loss when it comes to figuring this message out
> (as opposed to the ones I was getting before :P).  libmp1e seems to be
> configured properly and it's included right there in the mplayer source
> tree, so I have no idea why I'm getting this message.

You might want to check if you have an older mplayer laying around. Try
'which mplayer' to see.

-Erik