[MPlayer-users] Sawfish and MPlayer-GUI

Martin Bretschneider martin.bretschneider at gmx.de
Fri Jan 4 17:45:01 CET 2002

moin moin lanzz at lanzz.org, on Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:58:54 +0200 (EET) you
said:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Gabucino wrote:
>
> > It's the Question that drives us, Attila Kinali :
> >
> > I think it won't be necessary, we couldn't get sawfish to work
> > with the GUI(or the GUI to work with sawfish?:)
>
> strange thing, i have no problems with mplayer's gui and sawfish.
> what exactly is the problem?

OK, I try to explain it.

I enable the gui in the config-file and mplayer is also compiled with
--enable-gui.

I start mplayer and both the gui and the video-ouput comes up to the
screen. But the video-output does not have any border, icons to
minimize and close etc. I can drag and drog by clicking normally in
the window. The context-menu does also work.

So it seem that Sawfish (1.0.1) does not like it.

Using Afterstep, Enlightenement, Ice, twm or Windowmanager is does
work: They all provide the 'windows-stuff'.

Quite wired, isn't it?

I guess I ask the Sawfish-ML
--
      Where prejudice exists it always discolors our thoughts.
(o_         When in doubt tell the truth.     Mark Twain       (o|