[MPlayer-users] an idea regarding email support

Brian J. Murrell 01e513f286f684b5e2c1f4779469ba28 at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Jan 4 12:02:33 CET 2002

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 02:18:55AM -0800, Daniel Dent wrote:

> Hello,

Hi.

> I know there is a general negative feeling regarding the
> mplayer project in the open/free software community these
> days, with regards to how the developers handle users.  I
> can certainly sympathize with the developers considering how
> much support mail they must get.  I was wondering if it
> might be helpful for others
> (no, I'm not volunteering myself
> ;)

Great idea, but why are you not volunteering?  Maybe everyone feels
like you do.

> to answer mail for them, and forward on the parts which
> they feel deserve the developers' attention. Just a
> thought..

11 lines of useful information and ...

> --

22 lines of signature [ deleted so that I am not wasting as much
bandwidth as Daniel did ].  That is a 1:2 signal to noice ratio.

Now Daniel, don't you think 22 lines of signature is a bit excessive?
The "netiquette" guideline is 4 lines.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell