[MPlayer-users] Leaving..

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Fri Jan 4 09:49:03 CET 2002

Hello, Arpi!

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 23:09:05 +0200 (CEST) you wrote:

> Hi,

[snip]
First - I understand you.

> Planned code by me for mplayer:
> - finish DVB support (and finish libmp1e cleanup, as Holm is too slow doing it)
> - design new codec interface and move codecs to libmpcodecs
> - maybe: some more work on quicktime codec DLL support
> - maybe: some mencoder improvements, 3-pass coding, editing.

Indeed mplayer covers now almost all types of media files.
And it should be enough for almost all needs.
As for me - I'm successful with it already a long ago.

But, I didn't find in your todo libvo2!
I guess that we can really speedup mplayer when we'll implement something like:

while(frame_count) read(dvd_handle,&video_memory[current_frame], frame_size);

What can be faster?