[MPlayer-users] Leaving..

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 3 22:21:01 CET 2002

Hi,

I spent more than a year only developing mplayer from scratch up to the v0.60
release. Now I think it's on its way, no one can stop this :)

I'm about decreasing my time spent on this project, especially reading your
mails and answering RTFM. I hope it will give me big amount of time to spend
on other projects, and also make some always-flaming people very happy.
(anyway they will find someone else to flame...)

I won't leave the project, don't worry (or worry - your selection).
I'll keep maintaining it, validating patches and do cvs administration.
I won't code as much as before, unfortunatelly I'm short of time this year.

Planned code by me for mplayer:
- finish DVB support (and finish libmp1e cleanup, as Holm is too slow doing it)
- design new codec interface and move codecs to libmpcodecs
- maybe: some more work on quicktime codec DLL support
- maybe: some mencoder improvements, 3-pass coding, editing.

I want to thank you for all your help, suggestions and patches!

And I also want to ask that people, who post false, incorrect informations
to various public forums, that please stop doing that. It won't help for
this project, and won't make your life better.

I will soon unsubscribe this list, or at least filter out these mails to a
new folder. Please forward patches to -dev-eng list.

Good bye!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

PS: RTFM! It always help. Believe me.

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu