[MPlayer-users] extreme slow video, when playing ac3 sound with -ac hwac3

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 2 20:10:04 CET 2002

Hi,

> I've bought a Soundblaster Live!, to watch avis with ac3 sound.
> If I play the avis with the option "-ac hwac3" then video is extreme
> slow,
> although the cpu usage is about 15 %. The sound is perfect (ac3 through
> spdif).
>
> The distribution is SuSE Linux 7.3, the sound driver comes from creative
> (emu10k1-20020102.tar.gz) and the kernel is 2.4.15.  I use the gcc
> 2.95.3
> compiler.
>
> Does anybody know what's the reason ?

as the docs say, ac3 passthrough code is unfinished.
no one of us have such hardware, so we can't fix it. any patches welcoemd.
btw, the coder of original hwac3 support said that OSS drivers has problem
with hw ac3 support, and he is waiting for fix.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu