[MPlayer-users] radeon_vid problem with latest CVS

Yotzo yotzo at elektropont.hu
Wed Jan 2 10:30:02 CET 2002

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:02:20AM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:
> Hello, Yotzo!
>
> On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 23:02:06 +0100 you wrote:

> > I get
> >
> > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.17-rc2/kernel/drivers/video/radeon_vid.o
> >
> > after I run make install in drivers/radeon dir, and depmod -e says
> >
> > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.17-rc2/kernel/drivers/video/radeon_vid.o
> > depmod:         cos
> > depmod:         sin
> >
> > and I can't insert adeon_vid.o.
> >
> It looks very strange.
> What version of gcc do you use?

2.95.4

> There were really added such functions as sin and cos but my compiler inlines them.
> Currently you may modify Makefile by adding -DAVOID_FPU after -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE
> but in this case you'll lose color correction.
> Or try add -ffast-math after -O2 in CFLAGS.

On an other machine, similar to mine I tried to compile, but the result
is the sam, but "-ffast-math after -O2" solved unresolved simbols prob.

This night I'll try this at home, and I'll report the result.

--
"Ha egy unalmas ember kimegy a szobából, olyan mintha valaki bejött volna."
              [Daradics Dániel alias Yotzo(@elektropont.hu)]