[MPlayer-users] Re: Problems playing DVDs

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Tue Jan 1 20:48:10 CET 2002

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 04:31:06PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > > Using libdvdcss, the RC-setting can be ignored, as libdvdcss takes care
> > > of this.
> >
> > By the way, what if you want to play a DVd right of a .vob from your
> > harddrive. Do one need to compile mplayer with the old libcss to
> > accomplish that, since the -dvd flag makes it try the DVD drive?
>
> Yes :(
>
> LGB probised a patch for this long time ago, but never done.
> as libcss conflicts with libdvdread, it's not easy to do.

Ehhhm, yes ;-) Imho to avoid conflicts we should use a costum libcss
with renamed function names or something similar ... Or (though I've
never check it yet) we should use libdvdcss instead of libcss (again:
I've not checked libcss for this purpose). Yes, it's bad from me not to have
time to work with mplayer nowdays :( I hope I will have more time some
weeks later.

- Gabor