[MPlayer-users] xvidix vo "mach64" seems broken.

Brian J. Murrell af434d738a8c1ba52c2aab224c8d2a3a at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Feb 28 22:56:02 CET 2002

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 02:41:53PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi

Hello all,

> sure, it seems that ati cards can only switch their buffers during vsync, so
> if u switch the buffer it will have no effect until vsync, where its
> automatically switched
> juddering appearently did happen because, when we changed the buffer during
> page_flip() and didnt wait for vsync the buffer switch didnt happen yet and
> the old buffer was shown, but at the same time a new image was rendered into
> this buffer so the order of the frames was messed up
>
> really displayed image number:  113322243333444446665
> really displayed image:         AAAABBBBAAAABBBBBBBBA
> rendered into Image:    AAAA BBBB AAAA BBBB AAAA BBBB
> page flip():                F    F    F    F    F
> real vsync:                v   v   v   v   v   v   v
> with 2 buffers + vsync waiting after the buffer switch
>
> really displayed image number:  111111112222222233333333444444445555
> really displayed image:         AAAAAAAABBBBBBBBAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBAAAA
> rendered into Image:    AAAA    BBBB    AAAA    BBBB    AAAA    BBBB
> page flip():                FFFF    FFFF    FFFF    FFFF    FFFF
> real vsync:                v   v   v   v   v   v   v   v   v   v
>
> with 3 buffers:
>
> really displayed image number:  111122223333444444445
> really displayed image:         AAAABBBBCCCCAAAAAAAAB
> rendered into Image:    AAAA BBBB CCCC AAAA BBBB CCCC
> page flip():                F    F    F    F    F
> real vsync:                v   v   v   v   v   v   v

HEY!!!  This is exactly what I reported seeing a while ago with
fullscreen resolutions on my Radeon card!  Check out my message:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2002-February/011501.html

Just say when this fix will be in CVS for Radeon and I would be
tickled pink to test it.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell