[MPlayer-users] divx errors

David Holm david at realityrift.com
Thu Feb 28 08:19:02 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 07:07, raz wrote:
> I'm using mplayer 0.60 in freebsd 4.5, and I tried playing some divx movies,
> and this error pops up, maybe someone can point me in the right direction to
> fix it..
>
> Detected video codec: [divx] drv:2 prio:0 (DivX ;-) (MS MPEG-4 v3))
> Support for win32 codecs disabled, or unavailable on non-x86 platforms!
> FATAL: Couldn't initialize video codec :(

Get mplayer from cvs or a nightly tarball, and download libavcodec
(ffmpeg) from ffmpeg.sf.net. Check DOCS/codecs.html on how to install
it. After that try playing the movie with -vc ffdivx. If you have an x86
box you have forgotten to install the win32 codecs in /usr/lib/win32
prior to running mplayers configure.

//David Holm