[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer support of bi-processors systems

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Thu Feb 28 01:16:02 CET 2002

Robos <robos at geekmail.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 27.02.02, Sven Hartge <hartge at ds9.argh.org> wrote:
>> Robos <robos at geekmail.de> wrote:

>>> It's a real shame that mencoder can't handle more processors (yet):
>>> A friend has a 8 cpu alpha cluster handy (that would be a fps rate,
>>> yum)

>> A 25fps file will always be played at 25fps.

>> _But_ nobody ever talked about encoding. So if the encoder is able to
>> handle multiple CPUs, _this_ could be a real gain.

> I could have sworn somebody said something about encoding...but it
> nearly fit the context, didn't it? Sorry, it was probably late when I
> read the thread.

I will not post after 30h without any sleep. I will not post after 30h
without any sleep. I will not post after 30h without any sleep. I will
not post after 30h without any sleep. I will not post after 30h without
any sleep. I will not post after 30h without any sleep. I will not post
after 30h without any sleep. I will not post after 30h without any
sleep. I will not post after 30h without any sleep.

Sorry ...

Ok, to be productive (a little): transcode already has a cluster mode,
someone already achieved over 270fps using a cluster of Mips and Sparc
CPUs.

S°

--
Letzte Worte eines Computer-Freaks: Hätte ich vorher ein Backup machen
sollen?