[MPlayer-users] mplayer and plpwm not playing nice together...

Mike Meyer mwm-dated-1015155306.93f6f1 at mired.org
Tue Feb 26 12:51:01 CET 2002

After running this mplayer:

MPlayer 0.60-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

CPU vendor name: AuthenticAMD  max cpuid level: 1
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon TB Thunderbird (Type: 6, Stepping: 2)
extended cpuid-level: 6
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with features: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx
Usage:   mplayer [options] [path/]filename

This is the version that was available from the FreeBSD ports tree as
of last Sunday. I have no idea how far behind it is.

With this in ~/.mplayer/config

vo = x11
fs = yes
fsmode = 7
vm = yes
gui = no

and fsmode set to each of the values between 0 and 7, inclusive.

With plpwm.py as my window manager - see <
http://plwm.sourceforge.net/ > for more information - I basically lose
the ability to control windows. It's as if the window manager quit
listening to the keyboard. Or the focus went somewhere really
strange. This happens for all versions of fsmode.

Killing and restarting the window manager - which normally doesn't
shut down the X server - will bring things back, but that's
inconvenient.

If there's more information that might help with this, please let me
know.

	Thanks,
	<mike