[MPlayer-users] Feature Request: Ogg encapsulation

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Mon Feb 25 16:41:01 CET 2002

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, BlackRider wrote:

> > mplayer will support this AS SOON AS the author of dshwo filter releases teh
> > sources or someone reverse engineer the format... (not trivial ogg packets)
> >
> > i see many of you wants this... so let's contact the author and force him to
> > send the sources... he promised it a week ago, but still not sent...
>
> And why you can't use libogg?

	I'm certainly no expert on this matter, but based on what I've
been able to pick up from the conversation, I'm guessing that the Ogg
standard provides for proprietary, application-specific extensions, and
that there's a popular application out there producing Ogg files with such
a proprietary extension. My wager is that we're waiting for information on
the dshow filter extensions.

	A'rpi, am I getting warm?
--
	-Mike Melanson