[MPlayer-users] problem libdvdcss (unsuportted format?)

Zoho liu lzqtl at yahoo.fr
Mon Feb 25 12:28:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> when I run 'mplayer -dvd 1 /mnt/dvdrom', I got the
> following message:

> libdvdread: Attempting to use device /mnt/dvdrom
> mounted on /mnt/dvdrom

> Someone has idea for this?

RTFM, as usual...

you have to specify the _DEVICE_, not the directory
where it is
mounted...
anyway it doesn't require mounting at all.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Hi, A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

Thanks for hint. I just got read/write right to
dvd device from my system admistrator.
Then I try 'mplayer -dvd 1 /dev/hdc', I got message
like:

[main] sub: 0x2200004
Linux RTC init: open: No such device
Using usleep() timing
Playing /dev/hdc
libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated (ASF=1)
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authentic, using variant 5
libdvdcss debug: host authentication established
libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated (ASF=1)
libdvdcss debug: fully authenticated, success
Reading disc structure, please wait...
There are 5 titles on this DVD.
There are 1 chapters in this DVD title.
There are 1 angles in this DVD title.

libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be
patient

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at
0x00000120
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authentic, using variant 5
libdvdcss debug: host authentication established
libdvdcss error: ioctl_ReportTitleKey failed
libdvdcss debug: GetASF not authenticated (ASF=0)
libdvdcss debug: Lost authentication reqesting Title
key
libdvdcss debug: GetASF not authenticated (ASF=0)
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authentic, using variant 5
libdvdcss debug: host authentication established
libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated (ASF=1)
libdvdcss debug: fully authenticated, success
libdvdcss debug: read returned 0 (end of device?)
libdvdcss debug: 0 of 0 tries in 0 scrambled of 1
total blocks
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB at
0x000002fd
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authentic, using variant 5
libdvdcss debug: host authentication established
libdvdcss error: ioctl_ReportTitleKey failed
libdvdcss debug: GetASF not authenticated (ASF=0)
libdvdcss debug: Lost authentication reqesting Title
key
libdvdcss debug: GetASF not authenticated (ASF=0)
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authentic, using variant 5
libdvdcss debug: host authentication established
libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated (ASF=1)
libdvdcss debug: fully authenticated, success
libdvdcss debug: read returned 0 (end of device?)
libdvdcss debug: 0 of 0 tries in 0 scrambled of 1
total blocks
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at
0x00001722
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authentic, using variant 5
libdvdcss debug: host authentication established
libdvdcss error: ioctl_ReportTitleKey failed
libdvdcss debug: GetASF not authenticated (ASF=0)
libdvdcss debug: Lost authentication reqesting Title
key
libdvdcss debug: GetASF not authenticated (ASF=0)
libdvdcss debug: requesting AGID
libdvdcss debug: drive authentic, using variant 5
libdvdcss debug: host authentication established
libdvdcss debug: GetASF authenticated (ASF=1)
libdvdcss debug: fully authenticated, success
libdvdcss debug: read returned 0 (end of device?)
libdvdcss debug: 0 of 0 tries in 0 scrambled of 1
total blocks
libdvdcss debug: file was unscrambled
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Found 1 VTS's
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
DVD successfully opened!
CACHE_PRE_INIT: 0 [0] 0  pre:0  eof:0
Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    MPEG packet stats:
p100: 0  p101: 0  PES: 0
============= Sorry, this file format not
recognized/supported ===============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please
contact the author! ===
*** free_stream() called ***

it is really the problem of file format or the problem
of 'libdvdcss error: ioctl_ReportTitleKey failed'?

zhiquan