[MPlayer-users] lirc problem

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sun Feb 24 13:22:01 CET 2002

Hi Horváth István,

on Sun, 24 Feb 2002 12:45:16 +0100 (CET) you wrote:

> hy guys
>
> did anyone noticed that, the today cvs of mplayer doesn't work correctly
> when i want to use lirc?
>
> on 2002.02.20 it worked great, now when i start mplayer it tell me that
> can not find input.conf, so i touched that(touch input.conf) but it didn't
> helped :))
>
> after these commands just give back the shell to me(i mean without any
> answer)
> find <mplayer_dir> -name 'input.conf'
> grep -i "input.conf" -r <mplayer_dir>/DOCS
>
> does anyone now what is the problem? or how can i fix it?
Yes, new-input is enabled by default since 02/21. And lirc support is little bit
different. input.conf can be used to set new keys bindings (also joystick buttons
and axes if you enabled joystick support, and mouse buttons in X based vo). So it
has nothing to do with lirc. Lirc is still configured with .lircrc, but it's a little different.
First the prog name is now mplayer. And config must contain one mplayer command.
These commands are still undocumented, but you can find them either, by searching
this list (subject "lirc and mplayer" and "Joystick Patch against current cvs") or look
in the sources input/input.c.
	Albeu