[MPlayer-users] Error playing mpeg on Sun SPARC

pwilkins at lashwhip.com pwilkins at lashwhip.com
Thu Feb 21 17:06:02 CET 2002

> could u try to comment line 433 from vo_x11.c out
>
>   if(mode==MODE_BGR)
>   {
>     printf("hmm, arpi said that isnt used, contact the developers, thats
> weird\n" );
>     return -1;    <-------
>   }
>
> and tell me if the colors are correct (red/blue should be exchanged)
> allso please try mplayer -vo x11 -zoom -xy 2 and tell me if the colors are
> correct then (should be ok)

Michael,

OK, commented the line.  Here are the results:

mplayer /home/pwilkins/personal/Dream_Job.mpg
   Video plays.  Red and Blue are swapped.

mplayer -vo x11 -zoom -xy 2 /home/pwilkins/personal/Dream_Job.mpg
   Video plays.  Image is twice as lagre.  Colors are wrong, there is an
   extreme green tint:
      Pixels that should be red look green.
      Pixels that should be blue are very dark.

I hope this helps.

-Paul