[MPlayer-users] fastest way to play video over network?

Brian Hall brihall at pcisys.net
Thu Feb 21 04:56:02 CET 2002

Is there a faster way to play video with mplayer over a network than
using NFSv3 on Linux? I have an old VIA board (Tyan S1598C2) that locks
up if enable any kind of HDD DMA, so I'm looking to speed up playing
divx, etc from a remote source. Currently I'm just playing the file the
same as I would a local one, only the file is accessed via NFS.

--

http://www.bigfoot.com/~brihall
Linux Consultant

Taglines can be more interesting than messages!