[MPlayer-users] cannot play ogg-movie

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Wed Feb 20 08:46:01 CET 2002

Hi Michael Mertins,

on Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:52:06 +0100 you wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problem playing a movie that seems to be encoded with ogg vorbis
> audio. The encoder recommends to install the oggvorbis.exe (which i cannot do
> of couse) and says that this encode actually was *.ogg and he just renamed it
> to *.avi to make it easier for the windows media player.
> Along comes the Header. Maybe you can tell me what is needed to play this
> babie.
> Thanks a lot :)
> Michael

I'm working to put support for this stuff in mplayer. But currentlly I'm waiting the man
who wrote the OggDS stuff (ie the demuxer used under window for those files).
Monday he said he will send me his source code in a few days. If you are lucky,
an initial support for this should be avaible this week or the next.
	Albeu