[MPlayer-users] Which card should I buy for TV-out?

Thomas Larsen thomas at kampvogn.dk
Tue Feb 19 13:48:01 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 21:53, Wil Reichert wrote:
> > Everybody talks about g400. I got a g450, I have tried to browse the
> > mailinglist-archive but there it seems like this card is not supported
> > by mga_vid, is that true? The manual section which describes mga_vid
> > says:
> > "This section is about the Matrox G200/G400/G450/G550 BES (Back-End
> > Scaler) support, the mga_vid kernel driver."
> >
> > I'm confused. I haven't tried it yet and would just like to ask before i
> > build a box for testing it.
> G450 + mga_vid works just fine.

Do G450 + mga_vid work just fine as TVout? I managed yesterday to play a
movie on the monitor connected to the first head. I played with
matroxset but it just says "ioctl incorrect function" or something.I
can't figure out how I get it to work. I got another "funny" problem
now, when i load the framebuffer modules, then after a few minutes the
machine stops answering on the network.
Here at my work we got a G400 dualhead, I will try that when I get home,
if it works I will simply exchange it with my G450.

/Thomas