[MPlayer-users] Which card should I buy for TV-out?

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Mon Feb 18 20:51:02 CET 2002

> Everybody talks about g400. I got a g450, I have tried to browse the
> mailinglist-archive but there it seems like this card is not supported
When talking about g400 we're usually talking about g4xx;).
But - IIRC TV-out is only supported under g400,
you should grep archives once again since this issue have been beaten to
death here.

> "This section is about the Matrox G200/G400/G450/G550 BES (Back-End
> Scaler) support, the mga_vid kernel driver."
It is correct. DOCS don't lie.
Although I haven't tested G550 myself.
and g200 is a little old by now, so it comes with little ram, ,no
contrast/brigthness control, and is a bit slower.
But not too much, and very high end cards are based on g200 (g200 MMS).

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Yes, I am over 18, although my IQ isn't