[MPlayer-users] Which card should I buy for TV-out?

David Holm david at realityrift.com
Sun Feb 17 11:06:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 00:32, Szabolcs Berecz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> So what card would you buy?
> It must be cheap (under $100), must have TV-out support under linux,
> and it should be faster tha g400 (but this is not the most important).

The H+ costs about 60$ in europe and 30$ in the us. It uses 3 video
channels (which is very rare these days) and it has better ouput quality
than most cards and dvd players I've ever seen.
It also filters all it's ouput before sending it to the tv, on the
negative side, if you plan to wathc any non-mpeg content you need a
machine with SSE and at least 400MHz or otherwise it'll be too slow

//David