[MPlayer-users] DOCS rewrite?

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Sun Feb 17 03:29:01 CET 2002

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 02:34:01AM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Gabucino is about rewritting/reorganizing mplayer documentation.
> So, hey, it's time to tell him your suggestions, especially about the
> structure of docs (new Table Of Contents, adding/removing sections etc).
>
> he is most interested in the structure of the new docs. So if you have
> ideas, don't keep them back!

Nothing important, (a matter of course):
    I'd be pleased if they were easy translatable/portable
    to other languages (German) and easy editable.

Ideas/suggestions:
    more examples
    good structure (?)
	make them more modular
	move more things from the main to the detailed sections
	maybe no main section at all, just a TOC and introduction
	put every information in it's section (don't split
	 information)
	-> that it isn't needed to change several places in
	 several files for one change
    detailed (?)
	move cd/dvd to features
	maybe join usage and Misc OS'es
	maybe one appendix file with all "Letter-Sections"
	maybe make one structured faq-section in one file
	add unofficial irc-user-channel somewhere
	make the subsections in TOC look smaller
    don't use a too komplex format

Just want to help...
Jonas