[MPlayer-users] MEncoder Questions

emaillist+mpu at dogphilosophy.net emaillist+mpu at dogphilosophy.net
Fri Feb 15 19:44:02 CET 2002

This method ALMOST works for me - I'm not sure what I've been doing
wrong lately...

Note that ffmpeg doesn't produce VCD-compliant multiplexed streams,
so I've had to demultiplex the streams (mpgtx works for this), then
re-multiplex them with, say, the mplex tools from mjpegtools.

Lately, mplex complains of underruns when I do this, and while my software
player (MPlayer, by preference, of course) plays them just fine, my
standalone player gets progressively worse out of sync as it plays (video
starts lagging behind audio).  VCDImager's tools generally complain
about the stream when I try to make it.

What confuses me is that previously, I've made VCD's this way and they
still work fine in the standalone player.

I figure I'll give it another try when either transcode adds support for NTSC
mpeg2enc settings or mencoder gets VCD-compliant output...