[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD playing

Jaroslaw Zuk j.zuk at cetelembank.de
Thu Feb 14 09:41:01 CET 2002

Dnia ?ro 13. luty 2002 18:11, napisa?e?:
> Hi,
>
> > Ok, I have read all docs and mailing list for one month and I dont know
> > why my dvd playing is  takeing  more cpu power then on Windows with
> > powerDvd.
> > It is almost 2 time more of CPU time. But this is not so disturbing , the
> > worse are short stops which are causing tha mplayer displays that my
> > computer r
> > is to slow for playng this movie. On windows there are no stops and it
> > takes
> > 25 % of cpu time.
>> > I have tried all options including
> > -ni -mc -cache -ao null
> > it is always the same . I have tried MPlayer 0.60 and current.
>> > My dvd is 24X . compiler gcc 3.0.3
>> > any clues ????
>
> nothing...
> you should include very detailed hw info...
> i bet it's your vga card (maybe linux drivers slower than windows ones for
> it or can't use hw acceleration what windows uses etc) or buggy
> soundcard...
>
> read docs/bugreports.html
> and include _ALL_ those infos listed there
> (at leats sw, hw info, mplayer -v logs including status line and -benchmark
> runs)
>
> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

You right , I will post detailed info , but later , i dont have now access to
this computer.

I dont think it is a vga issue. I can play from hard drive divx large movies
with 10 % of CPU time.

I have turn on automounter deamon , maybe this is causing performance lost ??
I will check it with automounter deamon disabled.

One more thing !
Is it normal  that if I have in config file autoq = 100 (max)  dvd playing
takes more cpu power than without this autoq ???

Does mplayer do post procesing on dvd ?

--
Jarek Zuk