[MPlayer-users] Excessive * audio codec cpu usage

Brian J. Murrell c0cc11064d93b6f450f8be82b94315ae at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Feb 13 18:59:02 CET 2002

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 11:49:29PM +1300, daniel carter wrote:

> Just wild speculation here. Could it be something to do with file system
> caching?

I don't think so because...

> Either on the server or client.

IIRC, the NFS client does not cache.  That would interfere with it's
statefulness I think.

> On the server readahead may be getting
> invalidated because the file is being modified,

I don't think so because...

If I use Mplayer's -cache <cache size> switch the problem goes away.
This invalidates any issues to do with caching on the client or the
server.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell