[MPlayer-users] DVD playing

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Feb 13 12:33:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> Ok, I have read all docs and mailing list for one month and I dont know why
> my dvd playing is  takeing  more cpu power then on Windows with powerDvd.
>
> It is almost 2 time more of CPU time. But this is not so disturbing , the
> worse are short stops which are causing tha mplayer displays that my computer
> is to slow for playng this movie. On windows there are no stops and it takes
>
> 25 % of cpu time.
>
> I have tried all options including
> -ni -mc -cache -ao null
> it is always the same . I have tried MPlayer 0.60 and current.
>
> My dvd is 24X . compiler gcc 3.0.3
>
> any clues ????

nothing...
you should include very detailed hw info...
i bet it's your vga card (maybe linux drivers slower than windows ones for it
or can't use hw acceleration what windows uses etc) or buggy soundcard...

read docs/bugreports.html
and include _ALL_ those infos listed there
(at leats sw, hw info, mplayer -v logs including status line and -benchmark
runs)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team