[MPlayer-users] dvdkey option

Samuel Maftoul maftoul at esrf.fr
Tue Feb 12 14:49:01 CET 2002

I encountering performances problem for encoding probably due to my dvd
reader + readahead / hdparms value / parameters.
So I wanted to do a test :
cp /dvd/one-of-the.vob  ~ ; mencoder one-of-the.vob -o my.avi
This couldn't work as the content is CSSed.
So I read the doc and found -dvdkey option.
I tried mplayer -dvd 2 so it will pormpt me for the keys , the I copied
the key and I did an :
mencoder -dvdkey "0123456789"  one-of-the.vob -o my.avi
This tells me the key is not the good one .
Then I tried -dvdkey "01 23 45 67 89" but still didn't work
And I did a next try ( the last one ) with -dvdkey 0123456789 without
double quotes but it also didn't done it .
Is the feature broken ? Do I missed something ?
Thanks in advance,
        Sam