[MPlayer-users] MPlayer

murban murban at houston.rr.com
Mon Feb 11 00:39:01 CET 2002

I've been using MPlayer for a while, and I've noticed that using the mga_vid
device results in garbage forming on the screen (in the windows and on the
desktop) during playback. The garbage remains on the screen when MPlayer
exits. The "garbage" I describe is rectangular regions of varying side with
strange patterns (mostly dark gray) scattered on the screen, mostly in the
title bars, toolbar, and menubar areas. This occurs both when using -vo mga
and -vo xmga. This does not occur with the x11 or xv output.

The information described in Appendix C follows:

SuSE 7.2

Linux defiant 2.4.4-4GB #1 Fri May 18 14:11:12 GMT 2001 i686 unknown

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1343073 May 11  2001 /lib/libc.so.6

XFree86 Version 4.1.0 / X Window System
Release Date: 2 June 2001
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Build Operating System: SuSE Linux [ELF] SuSE
Module Loader present

gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)

GNU ld version 2.10.91 (with BFD 2.10.91.0.4)

GNU assembler 2.10.91

root at defiant:/proc/bus/pci > gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.3/specs
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (SuSE)

root at defiant:/proc/bus/pci > ld -v
GNU ld version 2.10.91 (with BFD 2.10.91.0.4)

root at defiant:/ > cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 4
model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1109.907
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 2215.11

Matrox G200 8 MB RAM

Video driver for playback: mga_vid from MPlayer CVS

Sound: SoundBlaster 128 with ES1370 using OSS (4Front-Technologies)