[MPlayer-users] Unplayable 1024x468x16 DIVX AVI

Tim U. mplayer at tetro.net
Sun Feb 10 21:45:02 CET 2002

     So my friend says check out this game, so I say ok.

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/demos/War3Trailer_E3_2001_1024.zip

     And I download it, unzip it (why is a DIVX/MP3 file zipped? Oh
well I guess cause they save 1 MB per download), and mplayer it.
Then booom:

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video

     The video codec was ffodivx, so I try divx4 and it plays but all
screwy looking.  So I try all the codecs in codecs.conf that can play
DIVX and all sig11 except divx4 (which doesn't display it right).

     Maybe its because the depth is 16, or maybe cause its a really
big freakin' image, I don't know.  I don't much care since I don't
play anything bigger than 720x480 and I haven't played anything that
was 16 bpp before.

If you'd like, I can do a full fledged bug report.

  - Tim