[MPlayer-users] can't seek through complete avi file (1.9G) - any hints?

Marcus Blomenkamp Marcus.Blomenkamp at epost.de
Sun Feb 10 17:44:02 CET 2002

Hi there.

I do have a really huge divx (1924MB, 2h35m, AC3 sound) which plays
fine. However If I seek after ~1h37m, mplayer stops with:

'*** free_stream() called ***'
'Exiting... (End of file)'

I've tried splitting into 700M chunks by using transcode-0.6pre2 to no
effort. The first chunk is created fine (698M) but the next chunk grows
until end-of-source (1.2G). Mplayer shows same phenomenom on the second
  chunk: simple playback ok, seeking fails (after 0h10m).

Anybody any hints? Mencoder's pass-through didn't help either :-(

cu Marcus