[MPlayer-users] OT(?): Matrox g400 tv-out references

Brian J. Murrell 664dac96f90e7fc97df0938f3053a73c at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Feb 10 06:06:01 CET 2002

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 03:15:50PM -0700, Brian Hall wrote:

> I guess I'm asking for pointers to fb.modes that fit the common
> DVD/divx NTSC resolutions at 60Hz. Seems like 768x576 at 60Hz would be the
> most useful. Also, is there a better forum for these mga-specific type
> questions?

Well when you find some, let us all know.  I did find some timings in
the fb.modes that comes with the syncfb project but they were not
really that good.  Too tall and skinny.  Aspect ratio was all whacked
out.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 12:48:51AM +0100, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 15:15:50 -0700
> Brian Hall <brihall at pcisys.net> wrote:
>

> > I guess I'm asking for pointers to fb.modes that fit the common
> > DVD/divx NTSC resolutions at 60Hz. Seems like 768x576 at 60Hz would be the
>
> RTFM everything you need to know is in the docs

Oh yeah?  Where?  I found zero mention of actual NTSC fb.modes entries
in any of the mplayer DOCS.  Please, tell us which document and where
it is in there.  Seriously.  I don't think it's in there.  I am
calling your bluff.

> > most useful. Also, is there a better forum for these mga-specific type
> > questions?
>
> mplayer-matrox :-)

I asked there for framebuffer timings for NTSC as well and there was a
loud echo but no answers.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell