[MPlayer-users] Subtitles and fullscreen

Jakub Misak jmisak at atlas.cz
Sat Feb 9 08:49:01 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm using MPlayer 0.60 with -xv (nVidia) output. It's good but there are
2 things which would make it even better:

1. The subtitles (and OSD) are scaled together with the picture
(don't know if it's just xv specific). So you get blurry, ugly
letters in fullscreen, especially if it's a low-resolution movie.

It would be nice if there was an option to not scale the font (or,
even better, to use scalable fonts). The letters would be sharper.

2. Zooming in and out in fullscreen. During playback. For example,
Xine has "Z" and "z" keys for that. And changing the position of the
picture. Quite handy e.g. if you watch the movies on TV (I'm not
talking about adjusting TV-out).

Thanks for listening and feel free to flame me if it's already
possible or if it's impossible...